“Speech and Language Therapists provide an evidence-based service that anticipate and respond to the needs of individuals who experience speech, language, communication, or feeding/swallowing difficulties”
(Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists)
Skybound Speech and Language Therapy strive to provide a thorough assessment and detailed observation of each individual, to enable us to provide you with a bespoke package of interventions to develop functional communication, speech and language skills.
We also have a passion for addressing feeding issues and increasing the number and range of foods within an individual’s diet ensuring that we focus on the child’s health and wellbeing, the child’s inclusion in social routines and the wellbeing of the family.
Skybound Speech and Language Therapy are based in Pembrokeshire, West Wales and travel all over the UK and Europe to provide a specialised services for children, adolescents and adults. Our team possess a wide range of knowledge, skills and experience and offer a variety of professional and client focused services to many families, schools, organisations and individuals.
SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPY FROM SKYBOUND THERAPIES
We work together as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team at Skybound Therapies combining Speech and Language Therapy, Applied Behaviour Analysis, Positive Behaviour Support, Occupational Therapy, and Social Skills.
Skybound Therapies believe that there is every reason to be optimistic about an individual’s future, with the right interventions anything is possible. We have high expectations of what each individual is capable of and we truly believe that given the necessary support, anybody can Reach for the Sky, One Step at a Time.
WHO WE HELP
Skybound Speech and Language Therapy offer a range of services for children, adolescents and adults who need help and support for any of the following:
Our Skybound Speech and Language Therapy Team are able to provide courses to groups of individuals, including parents, teachers, and other professionals who would like more information within this field of work.
These courses can be run as a full day which will discuss the topics in great detail, or we also offer 2 hour courses which will include an overview of the points discussed.
COURSE 1 : Feeding Difficulties? How to assess and increase success in feeding
Are mealtimes a difficult time for you and your child?
Do you work with children who have feeding difficulties?
Acquire information on the different causes of a feeding difficulty, how we assess them, and how YOU can increase feeding success at snack and mealtimes.
The learning objectives for the day are:
- Gaining an understanding of successful feeding and the skill deficits that may affect this
- To have an insight into how we assess each of the possible skill deficits and sensory issues
- Understanding the research discussing how Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) techniques can help with feeding difficulties
- Discussing the programmes available to address feeding difficulties
- Learning how these programmes, and ABA techniques can be combined to form the most appropriate programme for each individual
COURSE 2 : Developing Functional Communication and Teaching Speech
Is your child preverbal?
Does your child have difficulties articulating sounds and words?
Or does your child just have a specific articulation difficulty?
Do you work with children who have any of the above difficulties?
Developing speech can often be one of parents’ goals for their child. There are number of ways available to successfully teach speech, however our first and foremost goal should always be to develop functional communication either via Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) system or speech.
During the day, you will find out how we work to develop functional communication using both speech and AAC.
The learning objectives for the day are:
- Acquire an understanding of the oral motor difficulties that a child may experience which may be having an effect on typical speech development
- To be familiar with the assessment process
- Choosing the appropriate AAC system for each child
- To gain an overview of the different approaches/programmes available to teach speech
- Understand how Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) techniques can be utilised to compliment these programmes
- Discover how to transfer the skills taught into functional everyday communication
OUR LATEST NEWS
Here you can keep up to date with the latest news from the Skybound SLT team. We will also post links to useful resources, as well as program ideas. The latest three blogs are featured below but please click on Our Blogs to find all of our previous blog posts.
Have a question about Skybound Speech & Language Therapy or any other Skybound Therapy service? Need to get in touch to find out more details? Please fill in your name, contact details and a brief message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.